Construction Cost: $5.9 million
Building Gross Area: 5 acres
Completion Date: 2012
Location: Philadelphia, PA
P. Agnes, Inc. constructed the Shoemaker Green Project for the University of Pennsylvania. This project serves as a new passive green ‘open space’ linked to the primary east-west pedestrian route through the University’s campus and provides the major access to Franklin Field, Weiss Pavilion, Hutchinson Gym, the Palestra, and the David Rittenhouse Laboratories. The site previously housed a “War Memorial” of a 1951 Grant Simon sculpture and flagpole.
This project was designed and constructed using the Sustainable Sites Initiative (SITES) pilot program which, in turn, is similar to the building LEED programs.