It is the policy of P. Agnes Inc. to voluntarily provide minorities along with MBE/WBE/DBE firms, equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of our subcontracting and purchasing efforts. The inclusion of minority owned firms is adhered to for all projects whether there is a minority requirement or not. We have discovered and nurtured a number of MBE/WBE/DBE companies that have become essential to the success of many projects and our company in general.
We have developed a detailed plan as to how we will accomplish the task of meeting or exceeding goals for projects. The following is our plan:
- We will work with minority-focused business groups in an attempt to recruit minority business participation for the project.
- We will emphasize the importance of soliciting certified minority businesses for subcontracting opportunities to the general subcontracting community, and stress the importance of this at pre-bid conferences and in the bid documents/process. We will examine the specifications to identify special subcontracting opportunities and solicit bids for subcontracts from minority businesses.
- We will schedule and hold meetings with potential subcontractors and vendors and invite MBE/WBE/DBE suppliers to encourage involvement at the supply levels.
- We assess the effectiveness of this process by monitoring all MBE/WBE/DBE participation and reviewing the “good faith efforts” of all of the subcontractors invited to bid on the project.
- We will utilize different media formats as to inform potential minority businesses of the bid being sought and advertise bid opportunities in such minority-focused media.
- We will continue to build new business relationships through networking with various other industries and associations and share ideas on how to improve participation.
- We will offer to host a “meet and greet” session to introduce new firms to our company and to encourage relationship-building efforts.
- We will post the project bid information and solicitation on the project website listing links to minority business resources.
- Maintain a database specifically for minority businesses to ensure those businesses are notified when bid opportunities become available.
It is the policy and employment practice of P. Agnes Inc. not to discriminate against any qualified applicant for employment, or any qualified employee because of race, color, religion, age, sex, citizenship, national origin or disability, particularly with regard to employment, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment advertising, lay-off and termination, compensation, apprenticeship and training, and work conditions.
P. Agnes, Inc. understands the requirements that have been placed before us and we are committed to achieve these goals on this project.